Hi, my name is John Thompson. I’m a wedding photographer based in Essex, and I specialise in capturing relaxed, natural portraits, dynamic images and real moments.
I love taking pictures, and I love being able to capture the happiest moments of people’s lives. I am a qualified Associate with the MPA (Master Photographers Association) and the BIPP (British Institute of Professional Photography). However, I believe my greatest asset is in connecting with people, because all my technical ability wouldn’t be much good if I weren’t able to make people feel at ease when being photographed.
I started Pure Image Photography because I wanted to photograph weddings in my own style, using my ability and experience to create my own business as a wedding photographer. I am based in Essex but I often travel throughout the UK and beyond. I have photographed weddings in Europe and I’ve also been flown out to Australia to photograph an amazing beach wedding, and recently been flown to Jersey for a small but beautiful secret wedding ceremony.
I studied photography at college over 10 years ago, where i achieved a photography degree. I then went on to work and some of the most successful photography studios in the uk, before deciding to start my own business in 2007. Since then my business has gone from strength to strength, and i continually push myself to create pictures that people will love, in my unique style of wedding photography.
I hope you enjoy having a look around my website, please feel free to contact me with any questions or to see if i’m available for your wedding and to organise to meet up.
SOME FACTS ABOUT ME
- I have taken on photography commissions all over the world, including, recently being flown out to Jersey, as well as Spain, and even as far as Australia.
- I have worked at some of the top photographic studios across the country before starting my own business.
- I am an associate of the Master Photographers Association and the British Institute of Professional Photography
- I have been a qualified professional photographer for over 10 years (since I was 22)
- I went to photography college before digital photography took off and loved developing films and making prints in the darkroom, and I graduated with a photography degree.
- I live with my girlfriend and our dog Ted in Burnham on Crouch in Essex
- My hobbies include playing guitar, biking and dog walking (although it usually looks like the dog’s taking me for a walk )
- I like 80’s films, whilst at university I had a job in a video shop and watched ‘Back To The Future’ on every shift (I have literally seen it hundreds of times)